THE WILLIAMS FIRM, P.C.
Our firm focuses on serving the individual in difficult cases involving families.
SOMETIMES, YOU JUST NEED A LAWYER…
Our small, relationship-based practice emphasizes personal attention to client needs. We recognize the client as a whole person whose life may have been seriously disrupted by unexpected complications or sudden changes. We vigorously apply our knowledge and experience to your situation. Our high standards of excellence result in success for our clients.
Karen Brown Williams (download vCard)
A graduate of Howard University, Boston College and Emory Law School, Karen began her law career in 1990 as Clerk to Justice Carol Hunstein where she served for more than two years before becoming a Public Defender for Dekalb County and then moving on to the Atlanta Solicitors Office. Karen founded her law practice in 1994 while a Cobb County Magistrate, where she served for five years. Karen brings broad experience and depth of understanding to her client’s cause. She is a frequent speaker on family law issues within the legal community, guiding other family law attorneys to becoming more effective and knowledgeable in this important practice specialty. Karen has presented to the State Bar of Georgia, Cobb County Bar Association Family Law Section and Inn of Court. In addition, Karen has served on the Executive Board of the State Bar Association Family Law Section since 2003. She is also a member of the Cobb County Bar Association, the Family Law Inn of Court, Georgia NELA (National Employment Lawyers Association) serving on the Georgia NELA Board from 2001-2003.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PUBLICATIONS
- Cobb Bar Association Family Law Seminar 2001,
- State Bar of Georgia – Family Law section Professionalism Convocation 2003, 2006, 2007
- Cobb County Bar Association – Family Law Section – Recent Developments 2007
- Cobb County Bar Association – Family Law Section – Recent Developments 2006
- Atlanta Bar Association- We Can Work it Out -The Relationship Between Judges and Lawyers
- January 27, 2006
- Inn of Court Tips for Guardian Ad Litem 2006
- State Bar of Georgia – Family Law Institute
- 2003, Thomas vs. Thomas
- 2004 Recent Developments in the Law
- 2005 Recent Developments in the Law
- 2007 Hot Tips- Guardian Ad Litem
- State Bar of Georgia – Nuts and Bolts- Program Chair- Savannah, 2007, Atlanta, 2007
- Cobb County Bar Association,-Family Law Section,- Recent Developments 2008
- Merrill Lynch- Multiple Seminars, 2009 Tips for Separation From the Workplace
- Georgia Association of Paralegal , March 2009 : Tips for Separation From the Workplace
- State Bar of Georgia Nuts and Bolts Program: August 2009 Child Abduction
- State Bar of Georgia Nuts and Bolts Program August and December 2010 “ Yours, Mine, Ours….NO MINE!!! Equitable Division in Georgia
- John Marshall Law School February, 2009 The Hague Convention.: Is it Time for Modification?